UI/UX VR Designer (Freelancer)
Inflight VR is a German-based company with offices in Barcelona and Los Angeles. We are creating a Virtual Reality (VR) ecosystem for inflight entertainment. Our aim is to become the number one VR entertainment option on board of airplanes and other means of transportation. We are working towards providing passengers with unique experiences that help them fight stress and boredom, without forgetting the security of each passenger. With Virtual Reality as our main tool, we envision the expansion of the airplane cabin to a universe where everything that is imaginable can be displayed.
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI/UX designer specialized in VR or videogames design to support our team in Barcelona on a project-based collaboration (freelancer).
- Analyse business requirements and user needs.
- Combine creative and scientific approaches to impact the performance of products and services.
- Work closely with development team; following the team’s workflow.
- Write specifications and design documents for pre-approval from product team and as a guideline for the development team.
- Plan and validating user testing strategies.
- Validate final products prior to releases in different stages of development (alpha, beta and final release).
- Explore and apply new design theories related to VR user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Digital Design, HCI or similar.
- Experience in Human Centered Design methodologies, UX/UI principles, creation of user flows, agile project approach, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, UI guides, prototyping, etc.
- Strong experience in designing for 3D spaces (video games or similar).
- Knowledge of visual design theory (i.e., composition, color theory, typography, etc.)
- Experience with Virtual Reality and the knowledge of the basic UX/UI principles.
- Experience with Unity3D.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (scrum, kanban etc).
- Great communication and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English.
Considered as a plus:
- Experience with programming.
- Experience with versioning systems (e.g. github).
- Competitive compensation.
- Working with a multicultural, friendly, and talented team.
- Prospects of full-time hiring and growth within the company.
If you possess the skills and if you are motivated to collaborate with a fast-growing high-tech startup that has the potential to shape the future of the Inflight Entertainment Industry, please send your CV with a Cover Letter to email@example.com.